View Single Post
Old 15.08.2016, 20:20

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
dilip_gem has earned some respectdilip_gem has earned some respect
Re: Employer Reference Letter- Legal steps

Background:

So...I was with this massive consultancy firm ("MNC" ?) and was placed at their client site (major Swiss Bank) in Zurich. They have got massive presence in Zurich and have managed to secure big projects with top clients. There are rumors that they win these projects via Lobbying (and Not because of their track record of delivering high quality services). In fact they have got very bad reputation in the US for visa frauds, employer-employee relations etc.. This "MNC" has got very bad HR practices and they don't really care about employees who are not part of their coterie (basically they care only if you are somehow connected to their actual "head office", which is located 1000s of miles away from Switzerland).

Even their recruitment process is flawed. You will find loads of their "job adverts" on linkedin and all other sites, however the chances of a qualified person getting hired for senior roles (Management) are very slim. If at all you are lucky to get hired for Junior roles (regardless of your experience), you will be forced to report to an incompetent supervisor. You will eventually get frustrated and leave the company. No attempts will be made to retain you. Infact they will be happy to leave you, cause it becomes easier for them to process their friends' visas and bring them onshore.

I was one of those lucky ones' to get hired..Though we were at their client site, client didn't have any control or say on the working conditions of external staff- for understandable reasons..

Almost all of my team members were employees of this "MNC". Abusive supervisor, Bad working conditions.. In short- things weren't going well and it was taking toll on my health. So I handed over my notice and finished with working with them in the last week of May'2016. My supervisor lacked basic knowledge about our profession. I was kind of tortured by this abusive supervisor even during the notice period which led me to take an extreme decision of leaving the job without having any other offer of employment.

At the moment I'm with RAV and my adviser in Zurich knows very well about this company. Unfortunately I had to move to Bern canton and I want to prepare a solid case against this "MNC".
This user groans at dilip_gem for this post: