View Single Post
Old 16.08.2016, 11:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,258 Times in 9,887 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
You believe the burka should be banned. I don't think that such a ban, either local or widespread, would make the slightest positive difference to the current security situation which the ban supposedly improves, given that I've seen news reports of Corsicans surrounding apartment buildings containing Muslims.

Nude sunbathing also increases the risk of skin cancer, smoking and alcohol also claim lives, I submit to you that the ban was not imposed out of concern for the safety of those wearing them. Even if that were the intent, it seems to have backfired in this instance.
You are right in as far as banning burkas, or banning minarets, does nothing to directly force Muslims to integrate or learn the language or lower the risk of them beiung radicalized.

As such it is window dressing.

In troubled times those in power are required to be seen to be doing something, as the alternative often appears to be to keep on doing as we have until now, and obviously that didn't work.

But sometimes when you have an angry lynch mob outside, giving them a token apeasement such as this may calm them down and make them go home as they feel that for once they are being listened to. It's ultra short termist thinking on the part of those in power, but so is basically everything they do.