View Single Post
Old 17.08.2016, 11:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,099 Times in 753 Posts
Thanked 18,593 Times in 7,211 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
@ Richdog, I don't think anyone would deny (not even the PC brigade) that "IS/Daesh" are not extremist religious fundamentalist Islamic nutters.

You miss the point, and that is that IS does not represent the majority of moderate mainstream Islamic or Muslim society. It represents a small and very dangerous fundamentalist ideology. The fact that it has a willing and dedicated leadership and it manages to indoctrinate weak minded, uneducated and disenfranchised Muslim men and women and children into their ideology doesn't change the fact that they are not representative of all Muslims.
Are you actually being serious? Where did I give ANY indication that I thought ISIS represented all of the Muslim world? Seriously, the reason I didn't even click on to that implication in J2488's posts (if it was even there) is because it never entered my mind in the discussion. I have never said or implied such a thing, and to do so would be patently ridiculous.

Seriously guys, I am genuinely concerned for some of your reading comprehension skills. Either that, or some people are so rabid in their arguments that they are ignoring very basic common sense and seeing what they want to see.

It is genuinely baffling.

Last edited by Chuff; 17.08.2016 at 11:25.