View Single Post
Old 17.08.2016, 11:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 183 Times in 131 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Ultra orthodox Jews have their faults, yet they are a lot less violent then most communities, and the numbers prove it.
I disagree Ultra orthodox settlers, who openly carry machine guns and police their communities targeting non Jewish Arabs regardless of the law is a regular occurrence, and in Israel the military is regularly filmed committing nasty acts against Palestinian civilians.

Its a fine line between the extremists on both sides. They both consider the other the mortal enemy of their respective religions, and they both teach this to their children, thus maintaining the status quo.

I would agree that there are more likely to be more Palestinians with an absolute hatred of Israel and that teach their children that sentiment, but if you were born into and grew up in a repressed society that is run by religious nut cases, and taught to hate those that you see are repressing you, then you are certainly more likely to think or behave like one. (I am no way condoning the violence that has been perpetrated by either side). I don't see any solution while religion plays such a defining role in life in this part of the world.