View Single Post
Old 17.08.2016, 12:34
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 249 Times in 178 Posts
Thanked 2,158 Times in 997 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
its as if i would claim the numerous inventions done in the west were done because of christianity, even in the many cases the scientist was actually a christian. it was done despite religion. im convinced that we would be much farther ahead in science if it wasnt for religion.

you cant say that some dude invented x back in the day it when it was "believe or die" and then claim that he invented x because of that religion. the religion itself does not contribute if not downright inhibits.

i say "islam believers" to stress its about religous people. since you seem to think muslims == arabs

many people want to live according to islam standards and want to force them on people that do not fancy that. you want to live like that, fine by me. but lets part ways so we do not bother each other. like i said, win-win.

im not sure why you start a pissing contest with "islamic" inventions like the toothbrush. im not even gonna play because its too obvious what the outcome will be.

Perhaps not, but then, how many scientists were motivated, at least in part, due to religion? Islam promotes education and especially in the early days, many universities were funded by religious groups - so you cant divorce the two completely.

By the way, a lot of those inventions and concepts came from the ottoman empire - not Arab at all. I don't know why you keep banging on about Arabs.

And, not for the first time, im accused of being a muslim :-)
Its interesting, just because I defend them on EF, people automatically assume I am one. Never ceases to surprise me.

Im not by the way. nor do I have any intention to live in a country governed by sharia. Nor in fact, do most Muslims around the world. They and I are quite happy as we are.

That obvious outcome being the fact that forcibly relocating 1.6 billion people in the middle of the desert is actually not that good an idea?