View Single Post
Old 20.08.2016, 20:49

Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
dilip_gem has earned some respectdilip_gem has earned some respect
Re: Employer Reference Letter- Legal steps

Ok..so after a long battle, my ex-employer sent me the 'reference letter'. Interestingly the letter is backdated (31st-May). Letter has been signe by the Managing Director & HR Director.

I showed it to my RAV adviser. But because the letter is not written in French/German/Italian, she could not say if its good or bad.

Now need some expert advice to decode this.

Reference Letter
-------------------

1st part: My personal details (name,dob,nationality etc), Employment start & end dates, Postion at the time of departure

2nd part: About the company. How great they are and all that BS

3rd part: List of my roles & responsibilities (20+ bulleted points) - copied from my offer letter

4th part: Mr John Doe is an SQL professional who worked in a project with one of our largest clients in the banking and financial services industry in Switzerland. He had a pleasant and friendly demeanour and maintained good relationship with superiors, peers and colleagues. His overall performance was satisfactory.

Mr John Doe leaves our company at his own request. We wish John all the best for his personal and professional future.

Crooks Technology Solutions AG
------------------------------------

A Swiss friend of mine told me that the last 2 lines gives an impression that I quit & they didn't mind. If they really wanted me to stay then they could have written that I was an 'asset' to their organization, how sorry they felt that I left their organization..blah blah blah..

What do you think? Do you think I should get it rewritten?