View Single Post
Old 29.08.2016, 20:22
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 151 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,858 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
The US elections will affect all of us - not just US citizens.
Exactly my point.

Brexit affects all of us, too - British citizens or not.

My brother's partner is British, along with my little nephew. If the worst case scenario happens, and Brits are no longer allowed to live freely in EU countries, they would have to move back to England from Spain. Only my brother is not allowed to work in England, due to the draconian laws affecting immigrants- whether married to or having children with UK citizens or not. Even as a US citizen, I'm personally affected by Brexit.

And besides personal situations, Brexit affects politics within the whole EU that we are surrounded by and mostly dependent on for trade purposes. Along with global trade, etc, etc.

Quote:
Spending 'quite a bit of time there' - what does it mean? A few weeks hols here and there? Living in a country for a decade or more, and hopefully in several and varied locations (London is not the UK, just as ZH is not CH)... maybe more apt to understand how a country ticks.
So have you lived in the States for a decade or more - enough time for you to understand how a country ticks and therefore have an valid opinion on US politics, Trump, etc.? Your criteria, not mine...