View Single Post
Old 29.08.2016, 20:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Exactly my point.

Brexit affects all of us, too - British citizens or not.

My brother's partner is British, along with my little nephew. If the worst case scenario happens, and Brits are no longer allowed to live freely in EU countries, they would have to move back to England from Spain. Only my brother is not allowed to work in England, due to the draconian laws affecting immigrants- whether married to or having children with UK citizens or not. Even as a US citizen, I'm personally affected by Brexit.
Thank you.

You've willingly provided a frame of reference, so that we can see your posts aren't based upon a random thought process and demeaning others who are affected.

That's all I've ever asked of Phos, and now we have it. as he is a Californian with right of centre political views, I again urge him to join the dots between Haider and his original home state. It makes interesting reading.

Quote:
View Post
So have you lived in the States for a decade or more - enough time for you to understand how a country ticks and therefore have an valid opinion on US politics, Trump, etc.? Your criteria, not mine...
8yrs as a mod on a US political forum. 10yrs working for an American company where writing 'Cuba' in an email would get you a private meeting with your manager. 12yrs implementing US policy in the workplace (also worked as a shift manager for a US hotel chain), including having to read and digest the Homeland Security Act one night shift, and implement it halfway through the shift.

US politics hits everyone in the industry I come from, whether we like it or not. I probably know more about your visa and ESTA system than you do