View Single Post
Old 30.08.2016, 10:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 126 Times in 117 Posts
Thanked 25,609 Times in 9,846 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
You know when you guys get personal, I smell blood and it indicates to me you don't have much of a point to defend. I do dig in if you persist at it. Now see if you are capable of having an honest debate without attacking people personally.

Do your job properly MOD!
But in reality it's a "discussion thread" which doesn't really have to come to any point or decision. People explore possibilities, experiences and scenarios, and shouldn't be ridiculed if they don't dance to your tune of defending some pre-determined point. Plus I guess that constant pushing pisses people off because it in itself derails the discussion with pointless posturing and nitpicking.

Most people (well, Brits in this case) are just speaking from their own experience and/or gut feeling based on their cultural and ancestral roots.
The following 2 users would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post: