View Single Post
Old 30.08.2016, 11:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 542 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,411 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Nope, I think the general motivation for voting for the man on the street is how something will directly affect themselves and their immediate circle.

Maybe if you have a business which spans the EU and is subject to the set up and rules, etc., you start considering the "future vision" but even then you are only considering it as far as your business and perhaps the security of your workforce.

Personal inconvenience or at least the perception of it is pretty much at the forefront of peoples minds at the ballot box.

The sentiment I commonly hear is that people who voted don't have the proper mind to vote, therefore the results should be annulled. Plenty of allegations they were deceived, or uneducated backward racists in the backwoods who crawled from under the woodworks. Its just pure disdain for democracy from a side that lost the argument. Its claiming that some pigs are more equal than others. Its a dangerous elitist attitude that deserves all ridicule, and which I am pleased to see fail.
This user would like to thank Phos for this useful post: