View Single Post
Old 30.08.2016, 15:47

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Really? I didn't take Farage to be anti-Royalist. I thought he was for all things uniquely British; CoE and Royalty amongst them. I associated Republicanism more with the Labour Party. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Nah, you could be right - he's a bit of a paradox. Wants to be one of the boys and the voice of the oppressed, distancing himself from the faceless fat-cats, etc., but yes perhaps he'd feel the glory of the blade of her Madge on his shoulders...

Quote:
View Post
So this is one of the things I appreciate about all this, as I do have a penchant for British culture. Not to say I like ALL Brits. Many are pretty thick. Just things about its culture and history. Looking forward to see it bloom after Brexit.
Well, nobody likes everybody otherwise you would be a Labrador and there are thick people everywhere. But, in my limited life experience I've found you have to work pretty hard to find someone who is 100% thick. Most people can outshine someone with some tiny aspect of their being.
This user would like to thank for this useful post: