View Single Post
Old 30.08.2016, 17:22
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
c123 has earned some respectc123 has earned some respect
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Some nice points Marton.

Quote:
View Post
"Who is to say such improvements would not have been made without the EU?" Well so far nobody has stood up and promised to continue delivering the same level of funding to the poorer parts of Britain that the EU are/were delivering.
And my feeling is that a bureaucrat in Brussels will do a better job than a politican in London. I really don't trust that lot in London (expenses scandal was just a few years back...).

Quote:
View Post
Statements have been made that funding will continue for science projects and farmers but nothing said about continuing the improvement grants so your question has been answered.
Keeping farming subsidies makes me laugh - the UK has been complaining about the CAP for years. And faming subsidies - great non means-tested handouts for the few (but it's the rich and well connected, so that's ok, not hoi paloi poor), way to go.

Quote:
View Post
"Which is really the problem with a centralized planning community like the EU" Well after Brexit the planning will be centralized at a national level: probably done by the same people who currently advise the EU about UK planning needs so not much difference!
BTW if you have ever enjoyed going onto a beach or swimming in the sea in the UK, it's mostly due to the EU that today it is safe:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...e-for-my-beach

Last edited by c123; 30.08.2016 at 17:36. Reason: The beach... it's Summer.
This user would like to thank c123 for this useful post: