View Single Post
Old 30.08.2016, 21:22
Only in moderation

Groaned at 289 Times in 228 Posts
Thanked 19,345 Times in 7,624 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
The execution of Article 20 is something the current government will now have to delicately execute. I don't think this should be done haphazardly. First and foremost, the country is still divided, even within Theresa May's cabinet. These divisions will manifest themselves in the execution of exiting, and hurt the country. It really needs to be done very tightly within the cabinet and the civil services.

Theresa May still has a job to lead. She needs to align her Chancellor, her ministers and civil services along a unified and cohesive line. She may need to purge some of them if necessary. She then needs to get the rest of the country on board. I think this is more important than executing Article 20 compulsively. So not necessarily at any cost, but yes, they need to make good on Brexit.
Article 20? Is that sort of withdrawing 40% of the way, just to see what it might be like? Sounds unsafe to me.
The following 2 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post: