View Single Post
Old 10.04.2006, 19:46
Gav's Avatar
Gav Gav is offline
Forum Veteran
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 966
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 468 Times in 187 Posts
Gav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond reputeGav has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Permits and leaving CH (but maybe coming back)

hi all! I recently had experienced something like that through a friend who went abroad looking for a job. You may de-register for up to 2 years. The exact amount of time though depends on a decision fom your gemeinde..You need somehow to tell them that you intend to leave and the reason. Normally the 2 yrs period should not be a problem. If you remain registered in a friend's address here that means that you still need to make a tax application at the end of the year plus pay the monthly krankenkasse! To get the benefits of unemployment I am afraid this is tricky to go need to be reachable within 24 hrs...and be present at monthly discussions with a supervisor in RAV! So maybe it is better to unregister for 2 yrs. Pay taxes till the day you leave. The money from Pensionkasse will go to a private account you can take the back if you come back and place them in the pensionkasse of a new job or take them with you in case you decde to leave for ever:-)
Hope that helps!
If I could come back to CH after my trip and *then* file an unemployement claim, I wouldn't mind keeping up the payment of the various taxes and insurances out of my own pocket. I don't suppose you know if that's possible?

It's not that I plan on being unemployed (in fact, if I get a decent job before I go travelling I'm likely to take it) but since I've paid my AHV for seven years I feel that I should be able to claim something back for it in the event of a period of unemployment.

Reply With Quote