View Single Post
Old 01.09.2016, 10:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 87 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,023 Times in 6,915 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Lunch break meant to be only for lunch :) ?

Quote:
View Post
@Sandgrounder Yes, my assumption was that since I am absent at work (logged off) during this 105 minutes then it could be counted as my mandatory unpaid lunch break. And in this case I am not obliged to log off for another 30 minutes since I want to get back to work and not to seat another +30 minutes longer.
OK, then it seems that HR is just keeping to the law. It's not about the amount of time you are logged off, it's about the time you are not working and having some down time.

We're all guilty of scoffing a sandwich at our desks over lunchtime but sometimes it's just nice to get out and have a wander.

Presumably your course needs concentration and brain-power and is work related so the company would be negligent if they counted that as your lunch-break.