View Single Post
Old 05.09.2016, 14:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Blablabla...
Sayonara then!

Almost hilarious, some Japaneses trying to influence UK decisions...
I did not realize UK had become such a puss...puppy !
Opting out of the EU is one thing, but what we witnessed yesterday was the power of globalisation. Try opting out of that!

Over a decade ago, I had a debate with an American guy who insisted that my UK home would be filled with American made products. Being a total geek, I did an inventory of all the black and white goods in my home, and the one and only thing that was American made was my Microsoft XP disc. I was shocked how many items were made in Japan or Korea.

The guy came back with "I bet the car on your drive is made by GM." so I sent him a photo of my Mazda.

With so many non-EU countries having an HQ or major production plant in the UK as their 'in' into the EU economy, I feel this is where we'll be hit the hardest. Other Global powers have the choice to see our departure as a blessing or a handicap. Personally, what I don't want to see is the UK become China's puppy, like many countries in Africa have.

I was reminded of this quote from Napoleon about China the other day, after seeing that a friend has painted it onto his, soon to be born, daughter's nursery wall.

"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will move mountains”