View Single Post
Old 12.09.2016, 09:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 121 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Contractors smoking in new build

As I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, I am an intermittent smoker myself (at the pub, after a few pints), but never in the house. As a non-smoker, my wife has every right to insist that the workers do not smoke and, as has been stated repeatedly, there are clear rules about not smoking in the property. She didn't go round to try and catch them out, it was simply a progress check that we are entitled to, seeing as we are taking out a construction loan to build the sodding place.
Seeing as Enaj and superpippo, or whatever, are OK to let someone smoke in our house, lets all go round to theirs and have a fag, shall we? I might even stub it out on their kitchen floor. Anyway, the smell will be gone in a few days, won't it? It's just a first world problem after all .