View Single Post
Old 15.09.2016, 09:51
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,002 Times in 406 Posts
coconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Salary during high-risk pregnancy

Hi, first of all congratulations on your pregnancy and Im sorry you have to worry not only about your babies but also about paperwork. Im not sure if it applies to all but I can tell you in my case.
I have a nanny who is employed by me and she found out recently she is pregnant, my accountant told me that the maternity leave is paid by the SVA, (about 14 weeks) once her baby is born and as long as she is employed at least a year in Switzerland. If she has a high risk pregnancy the remaining months of her pregnancy are covered by the employer (me). Unfortunately, I didnt see this coming so I dont have specified in the contract how much I should pay her which means it would have to be 100% until birth.
Have you asked RH department on your company? or maybe a colleague had a similar experience? with pregnancies and work we always hope to work until the very last day but is a very unlikely probability so maybe someone walked that path already at your company and can give you a more accurate advice.
In all cases I wish you the very best for you and the little ones.

Kali