View Single Post
Old 03.10.2016, 12:47

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
luckyleo has no particular reputation at present
Re: I am pregnant What to expect when expecting in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
You can have supplemental insurance that covers private or semi-private rooms. Your partner will have to pay for the stay, however, as his share is not covered (at least in my personal case. perhaps other insurances have more tasty options?).

On my hospital bill, it was very clearly marked what costs were related to me and those for "my guest".

EDIT: Perhaps I misunderstood the question: YES, your partner can stay with you in private rooms IF that option is available in the hospital of your choice. The hospital I gave birth in had a limited number of beds in the gynecological center, so I had to "reserve" a room in advance (it's not a real reservation because you never know when the kid is popping, but I had to warn them that was my choice, so they would prepare everything as soon as I gave them green light).

The costs for your guest are another story. See the answer before the edit
Great! Thanks for the info. Just what i needed to know! I'm not pregnant, but looking to be in the near future - this is a helpful thread, as know nothing about how the swiss health system works!!