View Single Post
Old 03.10.2016, 17:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 79 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 15,580 Times in 6,912 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sunrise internet activation: do I really need an electrician?

Quote:
View Post
I'm quite sure that if you're in an established apartment building you can just plug it in and have it up and running yourself within 10 minutes, following very simple instructions which need to be done only from your own PC.
Depends. In my house some people never had a land line from the very beginning. Did not need it, were using Cablecom, or have Fiber-To-Th-Home.
All the phone lines in this flat have never been hooked up.

Quote:
View Post
It might be simpler and cheaper for you if you call Sunrise, ask them to uncancel your line, keep the kit, and find out what the previous tenant's phone number (perhaps by asking the landlord or a neighbour, and explaining why it is that you need this information).
Guy is living Glattpark. Chances are big he is the very first one living in, or the first one wanting a land line. Maybe all flats are allready hooked up then your landlord should be able to tell property and clamp number which belongs to your flat. And as said, if there was a previous landline to your flat knowing the old phone number does also help.

Anyway, you can call any electrician you want to do the hookup (if you are a low-skiled person unable to do the task yourself.) The Swisscom/Sunrise offer is just a flat fee. Your own electrician may charge a fee in the same range.