View Single Post
Old 03.10.2016, 17:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 47 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 14,131 Times in 5,506 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sunrise internet activation: do I really need an electrician?

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Jag. Even though I had provided the neighbours landline number, they were still insisting for an electrician.
In order to uncancel, they say it will be like new order just without modem but still they says I have to pay electrician as well as installation charges and wait for another week.
It is not fair isn't it?
What good does the neighbours landline do them? It is the telecom equivalant of listing your postal address as "The Red house on the left, Cham, Switzerland."

It is perfectly fair, they need some information which you cannot supply. Ask your Hauswart, landlord, or neighbours if they know what phone number the previous tenant had for their landline, otherwise pay someone to figure it out.

There is a common mistake here on EF which starts from the premise that any price or cost which contains numbers must by definition be excessive.

You may even find the port information written in your dealings with the landlord, or possibly written on the phone jack, but you'll have to go and look for it.