View Single Post
Old 05.10.2016, 14:46
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 183 Times in 131 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
I find it amazing how people don't seem to understand (or more likely, willfully ignore) the impact of facial emotions, and how critical they are to human communication in our society. It is simply indefensible, baffling even, to suggest that anyone with their face covered should be allowed to teach in Western schools.
I think you miss the point RD, its not the fact that one should or shouldn't do something like wear a Burka its more to do with the fact that there is an ulterior and sinister motive in the state decreeing what one should or shouldn't wear.

I agree its questionable to allow someone who wears a full face veil to teach, especially children, but more because I would feel that, that person is obviously highly influenced in their thought and actions by religion and I would not want those ideas forced upon my child.

I don't feel that a burka is a symbol of hate in the same way as someone wearing a Swastika is consciously stating their racist ideology. Somethings should certainly be disallowed, but if it harms no one, but upsets a sensibility of what should and shouldn't represent us in our society then we as a society are also imposing our beliefs onto others.

My argument is that of freedoms of expression, I don't personally like Burkas but I also don't have to wear one.
This user would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post: