View Single Post
Old 05.10.2016, 15:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,078 Times in 742 Posts
Thanked 18,300 Times in 7,114 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
I think you miss the point RD, its not the fact that one should or shouldn't do something like wear a Burka its more to do with the fact that there is an ulterior and sinister motive in the state decreeing what one should or shouldn't wear.

I agree its questionable to allow someone who wears a full face veil to teach, especially children, but more because I would feel that, that person is obviously highly influenced in their thought and actions by religion and I would not want those ideas forced upon my child.

I don't feel that a burka is a symbol of hate in the same way as someone wearing a Swastika is consciously stating their racist ideology. Somethings should certainly be disallowed, but if it harms no one, but upsets a sensibility of what should and shouldn't represent us in our society then we as a society are also imposing our beliefs onto others.

My argument is that of freedoms of expression, I don't personally like Burkas but I also don't have to wear one.
What, you mean I miss your point about the: "ulterior and sinister motive in the state decreeing what one should or shouldn't wear."? Ehhh.

Even if you take away the fundamentally disturbing implications of a Burkha in the first place, there is nothing whatsoever sinister about requiring a teacher to show their face when teaching, when wearing said veil will directly impact a teachers ability to communicate with her students.