View Single Post
Old 07.10.2016, 11:08

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I said ALL doom and gloom mongers, not all Remainers.
OK, my neck has been duly wound back in...

Quote:
View Post
That's my point. Instead of just complaining about it, why don't some of the influential people that voted Remain accept the decision and now try and shape the future. Instead of just leaving it to the buffoons.

They don't even have to be on the same side, but at least provide some opposition other than, "we shouldn't have voted to leave". Fight for soft brexit, fight for FMOP, fight for single market access, fight for what you want rather than just complaining about the result.
But the feeling now is that the "majority" voted for a hard Brexit (Brexit means Brexit) and the government doesn't want to rock the boat with all those voters who will remember a softening or watered down version when it comes to a General Election.

Campaigning for anything other than the sledgehammer departure is just shouted down with a selection of the same "leave" rhetoric used for the referendum.

Probably the next best thing is to let the hammer fall then try to salvage something after the fact.