View Single Post
Old 08.10.2016, 18:34
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 73 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 3,018 Times in 1,039 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wow, CHF to GBP exchange rate is pretty crazy at the moment...

Quote:
View Post
Strange that many people describe Remainers as moaners while the most of the moaning here is from Leavers complaining the EU are going to be nasty to us.

Obviously in any Brexit negotiation the EU will try to get the best position for themselves; it is naive to imagine otherwise.

From the next President of the Council of Europe "UK will be treated 'like Greece' and get a tough deal during Brexit talks.
Joseph Muscat expects UK to be left with 'fair' but 'inferior deal' after negotiations"

'fair' but 'inferior' is a reasonable expectation unlike "It's a despicable position" which is emotional and not factual

BTW there are not millions of EU citizens from low-wage economies in the UK; take a look at the UK Govt. published figures.
Don't misquote me please. I don't think it's wrong for them to try to get the best deal they can. What I think is "despicable" is the speeches in which they talk about the need to inflict pain on the other side, "pour encourager les autres". Some openly say that it's important for the UK to be seen to suffer in order to prevent others from 'getting ideas' about leaving the EU. That is reprehensible, and a long way from the understandable "we want the EU to emerge with a good deal".
The following 3 users would like to thank Pachyderm for this useful post: