View Single Post
Old 13.10.2016, 16:03
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I dont understand what the referendum was for if parliament are going to vote on it anyway. If MP's are now going to vote on whether we actually do it, why didnt we just do that in the first place because what the people think is just an opinion ?
We need to do it to reinforce the legality of the situation, which is on very unstable ground at the moment.

Quote:
View Post
we should have saved a load of money by just hiring a few people with clipboards outside tube stations to get a feeling instead.
Then the opinion would have been remain. I don't believe many, if any of the Leave areas have tube stations. How very London-centric of you.

Quote:
View Post
For a laugh run through it. Judge rules mps must vote. Mps vote to remain. What do you do next given 52% of the people voted to leave?

It's a real question.
I have absolutely no shadow of a doubt that if the referendum was run again now, knowing what we do now, the result would be Remain, and by a reasonable margin.

Repeating myself here, but in the constituency where my vote was cast, the MP was part of the Leave campaign, but the result was 44,086 Remain and 37,706 Leave.

This conflict of interests cuts both ways.
The following 3 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: