View Single Post
Old 17.10.2016, 16:52

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
LearningAlways has earned some respectLearningAlways has earned some respect
Re: Educational and Career Attainment for US Citizen Moving to Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
It is. For the most part a North American BA will be seen as equivalent to a Matura when applying to a University here (or so it was).

With my BA. (hons) Philosophy, U. Windsor, Canada I enrolled in BSc Comp. Sci at UZH back in '90. without having to sit any entrance exams other than German proficiency (which was anyways verbal). There was a slight delay in the admissions process because I failed to submit a copy of my junior school certificate. (They are thorough, I'll give them that.) If I had wanted to attend the ETH as an undergrad I would have had to sit an Aufnahmeprüfung.
I am not sure your situation is quite so clear cut as some of the responses imply. I know people here who have entered masters degree programs here with a North American bachelor degree.

I suggest you look on websites for universities and universities of applied science in your area to see what is offered. If you find something of interest - and you may even find something taught in English - then contact the institution directly.