View Single Post
Old 24.10.2016, 08:56
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 175 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 4,944 Times in 1,900 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I agree, there will be, perhaps lots. Which obviously confirms the notion that Brexit is an economical negative for the UK, thank you for making Remainer's case. Though I'm not convinced if there will be a significant amount of pain for the EU, almost three years for companies to adapt should be enough in most every case.

The UK knew before the vote that EEA access is seen as an inseperable unit with FMOP (and the other three freedoms) by the EU. Mind, I don't agree with that axiom but the fact remains. Complaining now that the EU upholds this priciple is devoid of logic, it does confirm however the assumption that the voters didn't know the consequences of what they voted for. Or that they ignore reality.
I don't know, no one does at this stage. Even if we'd voted the other way it's the same principle you can't predict the future, we might have been much better off in, or worse off. I do think in the end though that business will trump politics whatever principles of the eu that might mean get overrun.