View Single Post
Old 24.10.2016, 12:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 48 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,412 Times in 3,097 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Knit for Innocent juice

This is one of those projects I don't understand.

Volunteers knitting, that's a nice gesture.

Hats on juice bottles? A reason to avoid buying those bottles, or at least not until this project is over. Or to do what I've seen some customers do: pluck off the hat and leave it on the shelf in the supermarket. Heard a shelf-packer muttering about having to clear them away and wishing the project was over.

And according to the link, the juice company donates 30 Rappen per hat to Pro Senectute (the association for the aged). That's nice, too, but couldn't this be donated to Pro Senectute anyway, without the hats? Or couldn't the knitters (who are kindly donating their time), give in some way that will directly benefit someone they'd like to help?

I presume that if one is lucky enough to have doll, or to know a child who has a doll, (or as this thread suggestes even a cat) that has exactly that size head, well, then perhaps a hat collection might be jolly.
The following 3 users would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post: