View Single Post
Old 25.10.2016, 12:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 98 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 6,582 Times in 2,512 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Limited Apartment Contract Termination

Quote:
View Post
Yes, but there are only two situations when the landlord legally is allowed to say "no". IMHO it's doable to do airbnb within the rules, although a hassle to notify the landlord about every guest.

The punishment for a failure to obide by the rules, btw, usually is... <drum rolls> ... early contract cancellation. Which is what the OP wants anyway. So, win-win.
Certainly not at twice the rent. That is illegal.

And sure they may cancel the contract if OP does the above anyway. With notice. Meaning OP still has to pay. So no, it's not a win-win.

Again, simple: find a replacement tenant or pay double. It was OP's choice to take an apartment five months before the current lease ends. I can understand how sometimes another deal is too good to pass up and I've been in this situation several times myself too. Finding something better doesn't free you from existing obligations though.
This user would like to thank Samaire13 for this useful post: