View Single Post
Old 25.10.2016, 15:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I thought Varoufakis talked a lot of sense.
You've picked up on the same audience member that my OH was getting his hair off at.

Varoufakis is proving to be a reasonable bellwether in all this. He has his own beliefs and is very clear about his personal agenda, but also exceptionally experienced and intelligent enough to not narrow his views down to purely his own belief system. I've been back over various interviews he gave over the last two years, and I wish he was a horse racing pundit. He's very good at predicting how individuals respond, not just the economics of a situation.

Two years ago, I hated him, then I began to really listen to what he was saying. Then I talked it over with my OH's niece who was a student of his in Athens. Now, I'm not hanging on his every word (because he is further to the left than I naturally am), but he talks a great degree of common sense.