View Single Post
Old 26.10.2016, 15:00
Banned

Groaned at 283 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 1,115 Times in 636 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: Living in Oberägeri Working in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Have you received a confirmation in the meantime that you are allowed to live in another canton than the one that issued your permit (Zurich), as was discussed in your previous thread?

Oberägeri is at least an hour to Zurich and that is if you essentially work right near the main train station (i.e. don't have to take a tram, bus or whatever else to get to your workplace). Otherwise add another 15-30mins to that commute, each way of course. If that is what you want - go for it. Permit permitting, see above. I wouldn't, imo it's not really feasible for a daily commute, even if it's kind of close in pure distance. By car is probably not an option, will take at least as long, likely longer - and unless you work towards the Wollishofen/Enge part of Zurich, you'll need to cross the city, which I would NEVER recommend to anyone.

I'd look closer to Wädenswil/Horgen or even Thalwil, but personally I'd rather pay 200 more in rent than face 2.5+ hours of daily commute. Of course that's just me.
But both Horgen and Thalwil are both not canton Zug, so no low taxes.