View Single Post
Old 26.10.2016, 18:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 98 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 6,582 Times in 2,512 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Living in Oberägeri Working in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
The person who is taking care of my transfer in Zurich, said that it is possible but i want to arrive and make sure before confirming on the other topic.
Why don't you finally call the authorities and actually have it confirmed by those rather than the transfer person, as was suggested months ago? There's no point in you looking at apartments in a certain area if you're not 100% sure you will be able to move there right away and without any problems.

My colleague, non-EU, for example, was NOT allowed to move cantons. His permit is for Basel-Stadt, he cannot even move to Baselland. Just saying that yes, this can happen.

Uetlibergstrasse is pretty bad on public transportation, from your home location anyway. It will take you almost 90mins from Oberägeri to your workplace. Which is why I'm saying - it's not always location and theoretical distance, but number of connections of various modes of transportation along with - in the case of Zurich - where you work exactly in the city. Uetlibergstrasse is a loooong street too, so whether you work at Uetlibergstrasse 1 or 350 may make a difference of easily 10-15mins by tram - which isn't much, but if you add it to the 80+ minutes to get even there, well... By car it would be so-so, but really quite far from ideal.

Quote:
View Post
I was told that if you buy yearly tickets you get a much lower cost on transportation, isnt it true ?
http://www.sbb.ch/abos-billette/abonnemente/ga.html

It pretty much pays off for everyone who commutes daily and between cantons.