View Single Post
Old 26.10.2016, 22:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 98 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 6,582 Times in 2,512 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Living in Oberägeri Working in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
It is Uetlibergstrasse, 231

To be honest i am not that worried if i can or cannot live in Zug because the first 3 months the company provides me with an apartment so i will have time to adjust if this is not possible and then i look for a definitive place somewhere in Zurich.
I am assuming that this is possible because i know 2 other Brazilians (Non-Eur passports) that work on the same company, which leave in different cantons and commute to Zurich.
What one of then told me is if you plan to apply for a permanent residency or apply for citizenship you must be leaving at least 10 years on the same Canton and if you decide to move the year count resets ... So it is bad business to move Canton on this situation.
We already discussed this the last time, it may or may not be possible and what others were able or not able to do doesn't matter. As said above, I know non-EUs who were NOT allowed to switch cantons, for whatever reason that may be. It's really simple to inquire with the official authorities. But then again, I like to be on the safe side.

That being said, you have the time, so figure it out when you're here.

Uetlibergstrasse 231 is another 10mins on your commute. A final no from my end on Oberägeri...