View Single Post
Old 29.10.2016, 17:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 500 Times in 371 Posts
Thanked 12,622 Times in 6,557 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Person to person loans

Quote:
View Post
Not something I am actually planning on doing any time soon but I've come to wonder about the issue of person to person loans.
Does anyone know, in Switzerland is there a system in place for doing this?
i.e. if I want to loan my friend 2,000 chf for a month or two (no interest), some document we could sign so it's all official? - I'd trust the person not to run away with my money but given the large amounts involved it would probably be best to keep it all recorded just in case they turn out to be the sort of evil person who would sacrifice friendship over a modest sum or they get hit by a truck

Or am I completely imagining that this sort of thing would exist in any country?
There's nothing official about a personal loan, but having a contract is clearly a good idea. See for instance this template.

With that said, in my experience personal loans have a high probability of turning at least partially sour so if you're not willing to write it off you need to be ready to sue. In the latter case, if the debtor lacks the means you not only have to write off the original loan but also the cost sue'ing brings.
The following 3 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post: