View Single Post
Old 30.10.2016, 18:21

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wisconsinite has no particular reputation at present
Re: NON EU short term stay after L Permit Expires

Quote:
View Post
Depends on your nationality. If you're one of those nationalities who don't need a tourist visa to visit Switzerland then you'll be all right to stay a few more days. If you do need a tourist visa, then get down to the migration office first thing tomorrow and sort it out. E-mails are no good for this sort of thing, you need to do it in person. And yes, you'll probably have to pay something for the extension if you get it.
This is not 100% kosher. Since I was in such a situation few years ago, I had to make a lot of official inquiries. If you are non EU, you *have* to leave the Schengen area before your permit expires regardless of your nationality. I was advised to go to UK and come back the day after the permit has expired. The 6 month counter would start from that point onward.

You would probably get away for staying few days over, but you might also get blacklisted for some time. Not worth the risk. Immigration issues take #1 priority unless you serious medical emergency to deal with. If you were simply busy with work then I am sorry to say but your priorities are misplaced.