View Single Post
Old 03.11.2016, 14:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 175 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 4,930 Times in 1,894 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I agree parliament should not be bypassed, it is clear the decision to trigger Art 50 is final, parliament should rubber stamp it.

Then again I prefer the Swiss method the people have spoken in a referendum so get on with it. Parliaments job is to implement the people's will and make it happen to the best of their ability.

All MP's/parties/house of lords should be part of the article 50 negotiations bringing together all sides of the house(s). It will happen so be a part of those discussions and move the country forward instead of holding on to non-hopes and dead end ideas, stalling via courts and whatever B$ scheme you can come up with to throw another roadblock up. (The Scots/Welsh should also be included)

The UK was once a beacon for democracy it seems it's forgotten what this means.
I posted this much earlier in our long discussion, but its a real question: does anyone know what happens now if the MP's vote against putting in article 50 ? I really cant see a way out here. On one side, you go against the will of the people, on the other you go against the will of the MP's. it cant work.
This user would like to thank Mikers for this useful post: