View Single Post
Old 03.11.2016, 14:44
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 18 Times in 10 Posts
Cata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond reputeCata1yst has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I posted this much earlier in our long discussion, but its a real question: does anyone know what happens now if the MP's vote against putting in article 50 ? I really cant see a way out here. On one side, you go against the will of the people, on the other you go against the will of the MP's. it cant work.
For the Scots/Welsh it's an easyish choice they will mirror the request of their electorate, (no vote) with little comeback.

English MP's may find things a little more shady especially if they go against an "out" constituency.

She could trigger an election to grab more seats in parliament to force it through with a pure Tory vote led by the whips. Labour are weak with an idiot at the helm. Packing out the candidates with pro-brexit sympathisers controlled from Tory central office grabbing additional seats to pack the vote.

I guess it should go through regardless in parliament as the MP will be voted out in the next election IF they went against their constituents. (political suicide)

The blue shows you how many MP's will face this problem.

http://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results
This user would like to thank Cata1yst for this useful post: