View Single Post
Old 03.11.2016, 20:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 391 Times in 302 Posts
Thanked 16,781 Times in 9,468 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
"If that's not wining a vote I don't know what is." There was no vote! Repeat, no vote! You cannot win a vote that did not exist!
How can you keep insisting there was no vote when there clearly was? Or do those 199 MPs just exist in the etherworld as far as you're concerned.

Gordon Brown was the sole candidate when he was delcared leader of the Labour Party. So I guess that "vote" was invalid too.

Quote:
View Post
Quote "Theresa May has said she accepts the government will have to pass an act of parliament before it can trigger article 50, the formal process for leaving the European Union."

Confused? I am!

Source

No clue if this statement is 100% correct; I just know our leaders are losing credibility by the hour
Yes, if the court's decision is upheld by the Supreme Court. Please read the whole article and not just headlines.

"Asked whether the prime minister agreed with the Brexit secretary, David Davis, that if the judgment is upheld by the supreme court next month the government will have to put a bill before parliament, she said: “What David Davis was setting out is what would be a logical conclusion to draw from the judgment from today.”