View Single Post
Old 04.11.2016, 13:32
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 49 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 1,098 Times in 633 Posts
Reb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond reputeReb77Br has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Was talking this over with one of my three friends who voted Leave on fb last night. He dad butted into the conversation with...

"It's alright for you. You've left this shithole of a country. I'd love to move to Africa but there's no need now because half of Africa have moved here."

My friend was very embarrassed by this as she's met my OH but didn't realise he's African. Don't underestimate the racist overtones in this country now. I've only been back for 4 days and the air reeks of it, and as I've said before here, I'm deliberately not giving work to people who come out with this crap. They have the right to believe what they want. I have the right to make damned sure not a single penny of my money goes into their pockets.
That must have been awkward. I can see why you wouldn't want to employ those people. Perhaps the willingness to express these views is because the Leave campaign and the referendum result rubber-stamped UKIP's world view, assisted by the Tories and not exactly countered by Labour. I wonder if UKIP's influence in England/Wales also helps account for the differences in the referendum result between Scotland/NI and England/Wales.
Mapped: where is Ukip's support strongest? Where there are no immigrants