View Single Post
Old 09.11.2016, 23:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 541 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,411 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

On one note though. The fact that he has won the election is already an accomplishment in itself. He has redrawn the political map. Workers who were purported to be represented by the Democrats, because they harvested their votes, apparently realised the Democrats care little for their well being and more for their hold on power. So Trump has cast new light on their representation.

I think also he is on the verge of breaking down political barriers between minorities and whites, which needs to happen in the US by free association rather than social classes. He can also accomplish the same with representation of the LGBT community, and which could potentially unite the country in ways Democrats never could.

Finally, I think he's broken the hold of the tyranny of Political Correctness already. I think there are intellectual values that can be gained from this.

As for what he will do from here on, I suppose we'll see.