Thread: Apartment size
View Single Post
Old 14.11.2016, 17:33
Forum Legend

Groaned at 168 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 6,636 Times in 2,220 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apartment size

Quote:
View Post
When you say unfurnished accommodation only includes light fittings in bathroom and kitchen, what do people tend to do? Buy ceiling lights and take them with each time you move? How bizarre! And curtains surely need to be custom made for different sized windows, so how does that work? What do people do with their curtains when they leave? Get them altered for their new place?

So I'm going to have to shell out of light fitting and curtains when I move in? OMG, I didn't count on that in my budget.
Yeah, that really surprised me over here too. I couldn't imagine that lights weren't part of the apartment... but that's the way it works.

I had to downsize quite a bit when I came over here (from a 240 sqm house to myself down to about 48 sqm all to myself, though I've since upgraded quite a bit). You do get used to it - but I suppose a lot is going to have to do with how old the kids are and whether they've gotten accustomed to having their own space. That concept doesn't really exist in Switzerland the way it does in the US.