Thread: Apartment size
View Single Post
Old 15.11.2016, 16:48
Forum Legend

Groaned at 873 Times in 593 Posts
Thanked 9,834 Times in 4,670 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Apartment size

Quote:
View Post
When you say unfurnished accommodation only includes light fittings in bathroom and kitchen, what do people tend to do? Buy ceiling lights and take them with each time you move? How bizarre! And curtains surely need to be custom made for different sized windows, so how does that work? What do people do with their curtains when they leave? Get them altered for their new place?

So I'm going to have to shell out of light fitting and curtains when I move in? OMG, I didn't count on that in my budget.
People have very different tastes, your taste for fluorescent pink curtains with blus spots may not be to my liking.....

Generally people stay put for longer here and invest a little more in appartements than frequent moves.

Light fittings come is all sizes Chf 10.-- from Ikea up to Chf 6k from Artemide

Quote:
View Post
It's already on my wife's list of must haves. She will not do the communal laundry thing since she uses the washer and dryer every day more than once.
The washers work a lot slower here than American washers, you can count up to or over 2 hours per cycle sometimes
This user would like to thank Today only for this useful post: