View Single Post
Old 01.01.2007, 01:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Watching BBC in Switzerland?

Quote:
Actually it's Fr95 but that's a one off
I received Bluewin TV about three weeks ago. It's actually a pretty decent product. I have it in combination with Teleclub (which offers almost all of its movies in the original language - mostly in English). It's just awesome to have most of the mainstream British FTA channels plus Film 4, including a full TV-guide and the possibility to tape shows by the touch of a button.
The live pause feature also comes in pretty handy.

The 95 Fr. one-time setup fee isn't too much, considering the fact that the "cable guy" had to re-wire parts of my telephone connection, had to install a permanent VDSL-Splitter and spent another 35 minutes explaining all the features of the set-top box. All in all, he worked for almost 3 hours in my apartment. The VDSL-Splitter is going to remain wired in, even if you move out of your place someday - the tech guy told me that all new telephone hook-ups will have that thing installed starting somewhere in 2007.