View Single Post
Old 29.11.2016, 16:10

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
UserNamesAllTaken has made some interesting contributions
Re: Recommendations for an immigration lawyer in geneva?

Sometimes its simply the structure of the language (I'd prefer to communicate in English, but that wouldn't help my case I suspect).

Sometimes its just the air of authority/intimidation. When its just some nobody that will get kicked out, its easy to plug one's ears and just say "no no no no"

Lawyers can often accentuate points by referencing previous court decisions/specific laws, etc.

An experienced lawyer may have many connections. They may know the boss of the particular examiner I'm dealing with. Many lines of experience suggest that if you find someone with the right connections, they can make issues go away - but you need to pay them to make them go away... and often that is exactly what a lawyer does.

Right now, the only argument with the OCP is about the meaning of 2 words in a set of directives for implementing a federal law.
The equivalents of those two words (with the meaning the examiner at the OCP ascribes to them) aren't even present in the German and Italian versions of the directives - as it concerns a federal law, those should be equivalent and have equal weight. It should be obvious that the meaning is not as the OCP is claiming.

Yet such arguments from me seem to be useless. The OCP's response is basically, "no you are wrong".

This seems to me like the perfect case for a lawyer to intervene, because they clearly aren't listening to me.
This user would like to thank UserNamesAllTaken for this useful post: