View Single Post
Old 01.12.2016, 12:13
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
do you want my inside leg measurement as well?

absolutely no regrets.
I'm just asking really basic questions that I asked of the three people I know who voted Leave. I don't recall reading your posts back in June and your profile is blank, so I have absolutely no idea where your ideas on the subject come from.

Of the three that I know, each had a different primary motivation. The one who voted Leave because he wanted laws and decision making to be returned solely to UK Parliament and judges, is the only one of the three who isn't up in arms about the triggering of Article 50 case going to the Supreme Court. He freely states that this process is exactly what he wanted to see happen, but in the same breath, he's immensely disappointed with the way May is handling Brexit so far. As soon as she mentioned Grammar schools, he was annoyed that she was diverting from the most important matter at hand.

You will note that I've asked which industry you work in, not what your job is. There are industries that will have to make absolutely huge adjustments because of Brexit, and others that may benefit.

The industry I came from, travel, is on tenterhooks, particularly with regards to the Open Skies Agreement.

Quote:
Brexit: UK will be ‘screwed into the floor’ in EU withdrawal talks, warns Ryanair boss
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7431816.html

Other industries have different concerns, such as the Financial services sector being concerned about passporting.

If you beloeng to an indistry that has zero concerns regarding Brexit, I'd be interested to know what it is?