View Single Post
Old 02.12.2016, 14:00
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 172 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 4,863 Times in 1,878 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I do find that hard to believe and wonder if they would have got the same result if they'd polled 100k. There's a stubborness at play here and being quite stubborn myself, I can recognise it a mile off.
yes I agree on this one. Its where im from and Im pretty amazed if a broad sample of the local population has had such a sudden change of heart.

That said, I am beginning to wonder what's going to happen now. There are legal challenges, political heavyweights and all sorts of players lining up and what with Boris Johnson and David Davies talking single market access perhaps we will end up staying in, which is a good thing economically, but a bad thing democratically speaking. One of the most fascinating days in the future will arrive if this manages to get turned around because I just can't imagine what will happen. will the people who voted out just shrug their shoulders and say "well, maybe next time" ? will there be tanks on the street ? its quite a wide window of possibilities.

Last edited by Mikers; 02.12.2016 at 14:02. Reason: Better punctuation so I dont get in trouble with Blueangel
This user would like to thank Mikers for this useful post: