View Single Post
Old 02.12.2016, 16:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 403 Times in 304 Posts
Thanked 10,793 Times in 5,684 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I do find that hard to believe and wonder if they would have got the same result if they'd polled 100k. There's a stubborness at play here and being quite stubborn myself, I can recognise it a mile off.
A representative poll starts getting reliable in the high triple-digits almost regardless of total population size. I seem to remember that for the US 2-3k are enough.

The big problem is, of course, managing to ask a representative sample in the first place, something the article doesn't claim the poll to be. But then again maybe they simply got shied by the Brexit polls' accuracy.

@Mikers "I am beginning to wonder what's going to happen now"
A re-vote as suggested long ago, though I'd find an early election where Leave/Remain and following up on the vote would take center stage a better option. Provided of course there is indeed a change of heart by a significant share of the population. Or accepting that this was a non-binding vote to begin with.

Last edited by Urs Max; 02.12.2016 at 16:41.