View Single Post
Old 06.12.2016, 10:33

Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Nelly123 has earned some respectNelly123 has earned some respect
Re: Our neighbour took down our Christmas lights

Quote:
View Post
His sign reads " this is not a television, no TV here"; I suspect he means that he doesn't want to be looking at one of those tastelessly over-decorated houses seen in adverts all the time (not that I'm suggesting your lights were necessarily tasteless). You might think the lights are pretty and festive, your neighbours have the right to disagree..... although they really should have spoken to you about their objections, not just taken them down during the night!

Personally I think it's a bit early to be putting decorations like this up, and if they're the sort that flashes constantly then doubly so. My neighbour hangs ones like that on his front balcony and balustrade and has been asked by the people across the valley to turn them off during the night...... ask being the operative word here. I can't see them as he's next door rather than opposite but I certainly would have complained otherwise, it's another form of pollution really.

One indicator of what's allowed would be to check out what others in your building are using, if no-one else has similar decorations then there might be a reason?
As mentioned above, they don't blink or flash, they are a soft warm light, and it's a single row of lights. I wouldn't even call them 'decorations'.

Surely a few weeks before Christmas isn't too early to be putting up lights?

There are only 3 apartments in our building and we are the only ones with an outdoor area. How ever, I have seen lots of lights around where we live up on balconies and on railings etc. (I think it makes the old town look lovely at night).