View Single Post
Old 14.12.2016, 23:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 269 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 16,477 Times in 7,000 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I share this view. No matter how PE Trump & Friends want to spin it, coal ain't coming back. And neither other things he promised are going to happen.
Well, that much is clear. To be honest, I'm surprised that Trump is actually expended effort on at least trying to save jobs, or bring back jobs (or at least giving the impression of doing so) - which shows that either he really did mean to try to achieve such things, OR he doesn't but is going through the motions (which makes him even more savvy than I expected).

I thought he would dump the people who got him into power as soon as he got enough votes.

That said, it still makes sense for the people left behind to have voted this way: at best, Trump tries to do what he said and they may be better off. At worst it all goes to shit and they are worse off, but the middle classes and others may be even worse off than they are - not a direct win for them, but at least it will register and make the political parties take more note of their concerns instead of ignoring them next time.